Be a Part of Bursting in Air!
COME VOLUNTEER WITH US!
The Hyattsville CDC is seeking 10-20 volunteers for Bursting in Air. We are flexible to ﬁt your schedule. This is a great opportunity if you’re looking to:
- Give back to the community,
- Looking for community service hours,
- Are a civic group looking to meet the community, or
- Get involved with the Gateway Arts District.
Any help offered is more than welcome for any of the below:
- Set up 8-10am (set up tables, chairs, tents, and signage)
- Painting and Event: Helping muralists, performers, vendors, and other needs for two-hour timeslots from 10am to 8pm (assisting muralists, exhibitors and visitors, shuttle visitors and vendors to parking lots, directing visitors to parking lots; greeting and counting visitors)
- Citizen Paint Project 3-8pm: When the event opens to the public 3pm to 8pm, come help out, grab a paint brush and make your mark on two of our Paint-by-Numbers murals (ALL ages welcome!)
- Break down 8-9:30pm: Break down tables, chairs, tents, miscellaneous material, paint supplies, and signage.
If you are interested, enlist in our 1-day “Volunteer Gateway Art Corps!” – Tell us your name + contact info. Kids, if you’re seeking community service hours, just let us know your school.